There are three types of B visas: the B1, the B2 and the BCC, which is a combination of the B1 and the B2. The BCC is also known as the “laser visa”. Here is some information about the three of them:

B-1 Visa

It is a visa for non-immigrants who wish to visit the United States temporarily. The purpose of their visit is related to business activities. The B-1 and B-2 visas are often issued together.

B-2 Visa

This is the tourist or visitor visa.

BCC visa

The Board Crossing Card, also known as the “laser visa”, is valid for ten years. It is a combination of the B-1 and the B-2 visas. It is requested mostly by Mexicans who travel to the border region.

Can Tourists Travel to the United States Without a Visa?

There are thirty countries (among which we find Chile and Spain) whose citizens are allowed to visit the U.S. without a visa. This is only possible when the purpose of the travelers is tourism or attending a business meeting, a congress or a fair. However, if they travel by plane, they must hold an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

The ESTA is issued by the Department of Homeland Security, and it is an electronic system that allows people to request, by surfing the web, an authorization to visit the U.S. It is additionally based on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)