Any real business that meets the requirements for the E2 visa may allow you to apply for it. The fundamental thing is to have a good business plan, ability to manage it and money to create it. The investment must be substantial.
What are some of the most popular businesses that will get you an E2 visa?
- Cafeterias, tea rooms and pubs. Restaurants also enter this section
- Auto Dealers
- Construction, in all its branches
- Home decor
- Education (from schools to preschools, daycare centers and flight training)
- Factories (from high-tech products to manufacturers of vacuum cleaners, such as Miracle Mate USA in Washington)
- Franchising, which has great advantages for people who lack experience managing businesses
- Property management (a frequent choice)
- Hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts
- Printing houses
- Medical laboratories
- Pets: veterinary services, dog training, animal hair salons
- Beauty salons, hair salons, spas, manicure and pedicure centers
- Cleaning services, landscaping, gardening and pool cleaning services
- School and medical transport
To Keep in Mind
You must have a passport from a country with an investment treaty with the United States. This is not to be confused with free trade agreements, which are something else. In cases of dual nationality, one of the nationalities is enough.