The Permanent Residence, also known as “Green Card”, allows immigrants to live and work legally in the United States.

Although the process to obtain may be tedious, getting it is not impossible. The important thing is to know the way that best suits your conditions.

These are some of the ways through which you can apply for the Green Card: work, investment, lottery, asylum and family.

How Can I Get the Green Card Through My Family?

  • If you’re married to a US citizen.
  • If you’re married to a permanent resident.
  • If you’re the widow(er) of an American citizen.
  • If you’re an American citizen’s biological/adopted/step- child.
  • If you’re 21 or older and you’re a citizen’s (step)brother/sister.
  • If you’re the parent of a citizen and the child who requests your citizenship is at least 21 years old.
  • If you’re the unmarried child of a permanent resident.
  • In the case of marriage, the law applies to both heterosexuals and homosexuals.
  • In addition, citizens can apply for a K-1 visa to bring their partners to the U.S. and, once there, to get married and apply for an adjustment of status in order to obtain the residency.

The most important thing in these cases is to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to accompany and guide you throughout the process. Beltran Brito LLP has the experience to guarantee the success of your process. Do not hesitate to consult us.