Recently, a list of the eligible countries for the H2A and H2B visas was published. According to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), this time, the list comprises 84 countries.

The H2A visa is specially designed for people who want to work in the U.S. agricultural sector. This visa allows the worker to stay for 1-3 years in the country, depending on the needs of the company.

On the other hand, the H2B visa allows the applicants to get a work visa so as to work temporarily in hotels, shops, restaurants, cruisers, theme parks, among others. This visa may be valid for 1-3 years as well.

Among the 84 countries that can benefit from the visas are 15 Latin American nations: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay.

Important Tip

If the person who gets the H2A or the H2B visa is married, they may travel to the United States with their spouse and their underage children. However, spouses and children are not allowed to work during their stay.