Recently, in the United States, many activists decided to start a campaign in order to promote the “Undocumented Americans’ Bill of Rights” as a response to the allegedly indifference on behalf of the American Congress concerning the Immigration Reform and a continuous anti immigrant rhetoric in certain sectors of the country, which affect peace and unitiy.
“No human being is illegal” is one of this community of immigrants’ motto. They seek change, and they have formed an alliance with “United We Stay” to become a news and anecdotes platform for the immigrant community. In this way, the “Undocumented Americans’ Bill of Rights” will have wide dissemination.
As a matter of fact, United We Stay published the “Undocumented Americans’ Bill of Rights” this month. It has ten points that highlight the undocumented Americans’ rights to stay in the United States.
- Respect for our determination to add our story to the nation’s proud immigrant anthology.
- Path to citizenship/residency with interim deferred action.
- Constitutionally guaranteed birth certificates for our U.S.-born children.
- Equal access to public education and in-state tuition.
- Humanitarian treatment, including medical care.
- Protection against cruel and unusual punishment.
- Wage equality with ability to petition against grievances.
- Protection from detention or deportation when we reporting a crimes.
- Unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
United We Stay will publish the document in Spanish and other languages. They will also raise funds to launch public announcements. Marcelino Miyares, founder of United We Stay, wants to propel the legislators to accept this bill.