E2 visa is very popular among foreigners who invest and develop a business in the United States. Annually, between 25,000 and 30,000 of these visas are approved. It is estimated that approximately 100,000 businesses are now owned by investors who hold this type of visa, which allows employment to millions of American citizens.
It is important to remember that you can apply for this visa, creating a business from scratch or buying one that already exists.
Here is a list of the types of companies or businesses that qualify for the E2 visa.
- Cafeterias, tea rooms and pubs. This is a very popular option.
- Auto Dealers (dealership)
- Education, schools, preschools, daycare centers and training schools.
- A variety of factories from high-tech products to vacuum cleaners manufacturers. An example: Miracle Mate USA.
- Franchising, which has great advantages for people who lack experience managing businesses.
- Hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts.
- Printing houses. A popular one is Minuteman Press in Anniston, located in Alabama.
- Medical Laboratories, like Essential Diagnostics in California.
- Services for pets: veterinarians, dog trainers, animal hair salons, etc. An example: Bark Busters in Florida
- Restaurants. This is a very common choice.
- Beauty salons, hair salons, spas, manicure and pedicure centers.
- Cleaning services, landscaping, gardening and pool cleaning services. Example: Windermerepools in Florida.
As shown above, the investor visa works for almost any kind of business. However, the most important thing is to have a good business plan, a good economic base and the ability to manage the business.
Among the best franchises in the United States are:
- Hamton Hotels: franchise hotels
- Anytime Fitness: fitness franchise
- Subway: fast food restaurant
- Jack in the Box: hamburger franchise
- Supercuts: hair salons and barbershops