We frequently hear a foreigner say that they wish to work in the United States, but they likely do not know which type of Visa will help them to do it.
As you may know, American citizens (by birth or naturalization) may work without problems in the United States. Legal permanent residents, too, can work without problems in the United States – that is, those who possess a residency card, also known as the Green Card.

Which are these Visas for temporary work in the United States?

There are many more paths to work legally in the country beyond having a residency card. Each year, hundreds of Temporary Work Visas are granted.

But you must take into account that, with the exception of the E1 and E2 Visas (treaty investors), there are some cases where people with projects of their own, investments in companies and even renowned franchises must have a sponsor.

The H-1B Visas are aimed at professionals, the H2-A and H2-B Visas for temporary unqualified work. And J-1 Visas are for exchange opportunities.

A foreigner seeking to work in the United States may not apply for any type of Work Visa. They must follow a controlled process where the first step must be taken by the American company, by agreeing to hire the foreign citizen.

How can I apply for a Work Visa?

You must first start a Visa application process. In the majority of cases, it is recommended to seek the aid of specialist lawyers to help and guide you throughout the process.
We at Beltran Brito LLP recommend the O1 Visa based on extraordinary achievement in order to obtain the temporary Work Visa.

If you seek to immigrate to the United States and poses extraordinary abilities in arts, sports, science, film industry, television, education and business, do not hesitate to contact us.
With us, the United States can be more than just a dream.