There are different types of Visa that allow foreigners and their family to live and work legally in the United States. Among those, there is the E2 Visa. If you are interested in living and working legally in the United States, possess a moderate amount of money to invest and have abilities to manage a business, the E2 Visa may be for you.

 6 things you did not know about the E2 Visa

  1. This is a non-immigrant Visa. This means that it must be periodically renewed. Besides, it is not a resident card (Also known as a Green Card).
  2. It is an attainable Visa, but difficult to get. It is advisable to contact a specialist Law Firm in order to handle these cases before doing any investments in the United States.
  3. This Visa is meant for people who want to become a business owner. It is possible to create a business from scratch, or to purchase an existing business. It is also possible to use this Visa to send employees from a branch of the company to work in the United States. It is not allowed to apply for an E2 Visa to manage a business that has been inherited in the United States, but it can be applied to manage its franchise.
  4. It must be a real business, it must be active and produce a good or a service. It must also have all the permits and licenses necessary to operate. It cannot be a non-profit organization.
  5. Family of the investor: the husband, wife and children under 21 years old of the investor may acquire a derivate Visa in order to legally live and work in the United States. The spouse may request a work permit that will allow them to work for another company – even for the company of their partner or to create their own business.
  6. The source of the money of the investment must be a legal one. Besides, it must belong to the investor (savings, inheritances, investments, etc., even loans may be accepted).


Related Post