There are several scenarios for entrepreneurial immigrants. One of these are creating a branch or subsidiary company in the United States if you already have a company that has been incorporated and which is running in the country of origin of the applicant.  In order to do so, you must have the L-1 visa.mark-1577987_960_720


This type of Visa is often employed by entrepreneurs coming from countries that do not have an investment agreement with the United States and, thus, do not have access to the E-2 Visa.


Applying for the L-1 Visa requires having documentation to support information about the company in the country of origin, such as profits, deposited amount in a bank account, number of employees, etc.


Required Documentation

  • Confirmation page of the DS-160 form.
  • A valid Passport in good condition. If that is not the case, you will have to obtain one before applying for a visa.
  • One color photo.
  • The original copy, a copy or facsimile of the Notice of Action, Form I-797A, B or C.The application will not be processed without this form.
  • A copy of the approved I-129 form.
  • A copy of the complete application and of the supporting documentation that presented before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.


tax-468440_960_720Other Documents

  • Documentary proof of your current job, such as bills, a certificate of employment or employment contract and evidence of your academic background, such as copy of diplomas.
  • Documentary proof of the existence of the company (for example: tax payment documentation, bank account statements, company registration, certificate of registration before chambers of commerce, purchase receipts and public services receipts).