News recovered from https://www.uscis.gov/es/noticias/alertas/uscis-expedira-tarjetas-verdes-y-documentos-de-autorizacion-de-empleo-redisenados

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services announced on April 19th that the Resident Card, also known as the Green Card, and the Employment Authorization Documents will be redesigned as part of the Next Generation Secure Identification Document Project. USCIS will issue these new redesigned cards from the first of May of this year.

These new designs will have enhanced graphics and some fraud-resistant new security features, which will make these cards highly secure and more tamper resistant than the ones currently in use.

The new card designs demonstrate USCIS’ commitment to continue taking a proactive approach against the threat of document tampering and fraud.

The redesigned cards:

How will be Green Cards and EAD redesigned?

The new cards will:

  • Display the individual’s photos on both sides.
  • Show a unique graphic image and color palette: Green Cards will have an image of the Statue of Liberty and a predominately green palette, whereas the EAD cards will have an image of a bald eagle and a predominately red palette.
  • Have embedded holographic images.
  • No longer display the individual’s signature.

Also, Green Cards will no longer have an optical stripe on the back.

How to tell if my Green Card is valid?

Some Green Cards and EADs issued after May 1, 2017, may still display the existing design format as USCIS will continue using existing card stock until current supplies are depleted. Both the existing and the new Green Cards and EADs will remain valid until the expiration date shown on the card.

Some older Green Cards do not have an expiration date.  These older Green Cards without an expiration date remain valid. Individuals who have Green Cards without an expiration date may want to consider applying for a replacement card bearing an expiration date. Obtaining the replacement card will reduce the likelihood of fraud or tampering if the card is ever lost or stolen.

 How will be Green Cards and EAD redesigned?

Eligibility for Green Cards and EAD

For more information about the Green Card application process, please visit USCIS.gov/greencard.

To request an EAD, you must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. Visit uscis.gov for more information about EADs.

Related Post